“A stitch in time saves nine”, “time and tide wait for none”, “time passes, it’s like the sand you can never hold”. For generations and generations, time has been a very important element in our lives.
Before the evolution of watches, we judged the hours by the measure of sunlight and shadows, pretty tough task, something not everyone can do. But today even a five-year-old can tell you time by the digital watches that rule our world and save our tide. So now, watches became the mayhem of time and evolved as the most powerful machine that still rules our lives even after we proclaimed the freedom. Watches for some are just hand jewelry but when it comes to the expensive sides, here is a top 10 expensive watches list that will make you realize that not only time but the jewels on watch also matters.
1 BREGUET GRANDE COMPLICATIONS MARIE-ANTOINETTE:
- Price- $30,000,000, i.e. 30 millions.
- Its work began in 1782 by Abraham-Louis Breguet and finished in 1827 by his son as he died four years before.
This most expensive, classy and timeless beauty was commissioned by an alleged lover of Marie Antoinette, the French queen. It is the masterpiece that has almost every function of time represented in this watch. It is encased in gold and has sapphire to lower the friction in the pieces. Currently, it is in the L. A. Mayer museum.
2 CHOPARD 201-CARAT WATCH:
- Prices approximately $25,000,000 i.e. 25 millions.
- It has many colored diamonds and stones arrangd in an abstract pattern with a small cute dial in between. Although the small display is darkened by the light of the stones and gems around, it is an all time favorite classic beauty.
It has many hearts shaped diamond studded of varied karats and colors that fill the shiny abstract sheen very gorgeously.
3 PATEK PHILIPPE HENRY GRAVES, POCKET WATCH:
- Priced $11,000,000 or 11 million dollars.
- As it was sold in time of inflation and crisis it is this much otherwise, this masterpiece was worth more than $15 million as estimated.
- This timeless beauty was made in 1933 for banker Henry Graves himself by Patek Philippe and took over 5 years to complete.
Gifted in sophistication and complexity, it has over 24 functions assembled in one pocket watch. And it made totally of 18 karat gold.
4 HUBLOT BIG BANG:
- Priced for $5 million.
- It is a totally diamond army watch with 1280 diamonds fitted in it. each of at least 3 karats.
It took almost a year to bring and assemble all the diamonds together and these are cut and shaped by a known New York jeweler with over 40 years experience to bear same signature cut. This watch was bought by Beyonce for her husband as his 43rd anniversary.
Also Read:- Top 10 Best Actors in the World
5 LOUISS MOINET METEORIS:
- Costing $4.6 million or $4,600,000.
- This watch has beautifully designed curved architecture that does contribute to its price but the famous thing about this watch is that it is made of the moon rock that fell on the earth years before.
Being made of something not so of this earth, it has 3 more in its collection each made of some sacred non-earth stone, meteorite mystery.
6 PATEK PHILIPPE PLATINUM WORLD TIME:
- Priced up to $4million.
- It has a self-winding system and was considered the most expensive watch in its time.
Also, this timeless beauty finds the time anywhere in the world and is one of the sophisticated work of art. It comes in various finishes like white, rose, gold and platinum.
7 VACHERON CONSTATIN TOUR DE I’LLE:
- Costing up to $1.5 million or $1,500,000.
- It is manufactured by a Swiss designer Vacheron Constantin.
It was 250th anniversaries commemorate release in the year 2005. It is made of 18 karat gold and has a nonreflective blue sapphire glass to add shine to it. Also, this double sided watch is totally worth its price and beauty.
8 HUBLOT BLACK CAVIAR BANG:
- Priced a million dollars or $1,000,000.
- It has 501 baguette cut black diamonds.
- It is 18 karats gold white wrist watch.
This time classic is very beautiful black beauty draw dropper when it came out in 2009. This is a very sophisticated understated art piece. Black colored this beauty just represents status along with time.
Also Read:- Top 10 Honeymoon Destinations in the World
9 LOUIS MOINET MAGISTRALIS:
- Priced for $860,000.
- It has genuine meteorite piece found on the moon.
- Made of perpetual calendar mechanism this Louis Moinet art piece is totally worth having.
Being a majestic grade complicated and another Louis Moinet in our list these wrists watch sure lures anybody towards them. And the curved designer architecture on its frame just makes it worth all they say.
10 BLANCPAIN 1735 GRANDE COMPLICATION:
- It costs up to $800,000.
- Its strap is made of crocodile skin and the case is made of rare platinum.
It is a causal wrist watch, very cool and very stylist along with a big budget complimentary. Also, its engine is made of 740 pieces of handmade components and parts which make it even more unique and desirable. Also, it is one of the complex and expensive watches in the world.
Intricate prices and unique mechanisms, rare stones and gems along with different diamonds these watches sure take your heart away and make you want them. Some were history timeless beauties and some have a thousand years old moonstone in it. You watch them more, you long for them more. These watches are filled with complexity and many functions, some wind themselves up some have more weight of diamonds than its own blunders. Being the most expensive, these sure come with a huge price to pay but all the beauty and uniqueness along with the mechanisms pays it well of. I hope you enjoyed this little trip of top 10 most expensive watches in the world!