Mountains are the highest and greatest source of nature and greenery. Being one country’s greatest treasure these mountains are the adventure that many conquered and want to conquer. Below is the list of top 10 highest mountains in the world.
1. MOUNT EVEREST:
- Heights 8,848 meters or 29,029 ft.
- Located on the border between Nepal, Tibet, China, and Sagarmatha zone.
Also Read:- TOP 10 BEACHES IN THE WORLD
Being a part of Himalaya mountain range, it is the tallest mountain on this earth and the 5th tallest measured from center of the Earth. It is as beautiful and as high it is. Also, this mountain attracts many climbers all around the world. Being the tallest it is not much dangerous but counts in easier climbing by limited and advanced climbing skills.
- This mountain height for 8,611 meters or 28,251 feet.
- It is located on the borders between Taxkorgan Tajik Autonomous country of Xinjiang, China, and Baltistan, located in the Gilgit-Baltistan region of Pakistan.
It is our runner-up the mountain in the highest mountain list as it ranks second here. It is also the highest point of Karakoram Range and also the highest point of Pakistan. K2 is often referred as “Savage Mountain” due to the difficulty people face in climbing it. Also being one of the dangerous mountains in the world it has second highest fatality rate and almost one in four people die just climbing it. It has the second place in the “eight-thousandths” in difficulty of ascending and climbing in it.
- Height 8,586 meters or 28,169fts.
- It is located on the boundary between Sikkim in India and Nepal.
Being ranked third in our highest mountain list, this mountain rises like 12 km south of Himalaya range in alignment. Also, it is the highest peak in India. Its name stands for “five treasures of snow” because it has five peaks. Also here the treasure means the five repositories of god, being the gold, silver, grain, gems and holy books.
- It is 8,516 meters or 27,940 in height.
- It is located on the borders between Khumbu region of Nepal and Tibet near China.
It is the fourth highest mountain in the world and it connected to mountain Everest via south Col. The meaning of Lhotse in Tibet is “south peak”. It also has ranges Lhotse middle with height 8,414 meters (27,605 ft) in east and Lhotse Shar which is 8,383 meters (27,503 ft) in height.
- It has 8,481 meters or 27,825 ft in height.
- It is located in borders between China and Nepal.
Located 19 km southeast of mount Everest this mountain is one of the eight-thousandths and so is one of the terrifying mountains. Makalu has an isolated peak shaped in the form of a four-sided pyramid. One in the eight-thou sanders defines its adventure pretty well.
6. CHO OYU:
- Has 8,201 meters of height or 26,906 ft in height.
- This mountain is located 20 km of the west of Mount Everest in the westernmost major peak of Khumbu which is subsection of the Mahalangur Himalaya.
This is the mountain has the name, Cho Oyu that means “turquoise goddess” in Tibet language. It is mainly one in the Tibet-Nepal border. It is very beautiful and magnificent mountain.
- It has the height of 8,167 meters or 26,795feet.
- It is located in the north of central Nepal.
Being seventh on our list, Dhaulagiri mountain name means “white mountain”. Also, it is strange and adventurous as the south and west face of this mountain features massive drops as each rises like over 4000 meters from the base and hold very adventurous climbs. From this mountain, other mountains and ranges can be seen easily like from Annapurna. This is separated from Annapurna by just a valley and so offers a serene and scenic beauty.
Also Read:- Top 10 most expensive whiskies in the world
- Has a height of 8,163 meters or 26,781 ft.
- It is located in the Mansiri Himal part in the Nepalese Himalayas.
Its name is derived from Sanskrit which signifies “Mountain of Spirit” from the word Manasa meaning “soul” or “intellect”. This gorgeous tall beauty was first climbed on 9 may, 1956 by Japanese expeditions Gyalzen Norbu and Toshio Imanishi. Also, this mountain is always has been a Japanese mountain all along.
9. NANGA PRABAT:
- It has the height of 8,126 meters or 26,660 feet.
- It is located in Pakistan.
Being second last in our top 10 highest mountain list, this tall beauty was known as “Killer Mountain” in 20th century’s first half because of the extreme difficulty in climbing it. In Urdu language, it means, “Naked Mountain”. Being one of the incredibly dangerous height mountains it has a very serene dramatic peak which is worth all the difficulty witnessed while climbing it.
- It heights 8,091 meters or 26,545 ft.
- This is located in north central Nepal in a section of Himalaya Mountain.
Ranked 10 on our list, this may be the last but is certainly not the least when it comes to its peaks that talk to the skies. It also has a fatality rate of forty percent which explains the difficulty and advance level of climbing in it. Also, it accounts for some of the world’s dangerous peaks to climb on.
So these were the top 10 highest mountain in the world. These mountains stand all tall and high motivating climbers and offering poets the words to motivate people. Also these tall beauties accounts for a lot of danger and skills to get on their tops and literally have the world under their feet.