Symbol of love, situated in Agra India, Taj Mahal is one of the best places where you would want to go with your loved ones. The beautiful structure is a hundred years old and is still intact when it comes to its beauty. People go there and tell their spouse the love things they have for them. But do you know everything about this monument? Just give it another thought if you think you know everything about this beauty. Here is the list of 10 facts that you should know.
Also Read: – Top 10 Oldest Person in World
1. Let’s start with some history. You must be knowing about the employees and what happened to them? An estimate of about 20,000 laborers was recruited from all over Asia to put into the massive project. Bits and pieces of their massive encampment, bazaar, and living accommodation are now a nearby quarter.
2. The Taj Mahal’s white marble is fast turning yellow for the reason that of awful air pollution in Agra. Only electric vehicles are permitted near the structure, and a 4,000-square-mile environmental radius was declared around the monument to help manage emissions. Guests must stroll or take any electric bus from the parking area to the Taj Mahal.
3. A Taj-inspired luxury hotel, event, and shopping complex are under construction in Dubai. The Taj Arabia, as the replica is called, will be four times the size of the original and will cost an estimated US $1 billion. The 20-story glass hotel will contain 350 luxury rooms.
4. The Taj Mahal was declared one of the New Seven Wonders of the World in 2007, receiving more than 100 million votes. Appointment for the Taj Mahal actually helped push the controversial internet-and-phone-based poll into the world spotlight.
5. The Taj Mahal is actually cracking at an alarming rate due to lack of groundwater beneath the structure. Wooden foundations — once submerged — are thought to be rotting. Even the minarets are beginning to learn more.
6. British soldiers pried precious stones from the walls of the Taj Mahal during the Sepoy Rebellion in 1857. False structures and scaffolding were constructed around the Taj Mahal throughout different conflicts to confuse German, Japanese, and Pakistani bomber pilots.
7. There has been no proof that could have supported the long-standing myth of the artists and architects involved with the construction of the Taj Mahal were later put to death so that they could never “repeat such a beautiful feat.” Instead, historians believe that they were required to sign contracts.
8. It was way back in 2008 when Bangladeshi filmmaker finished making a replica of the Taj Mahal at a cost of US $56 million dollars so that his impoverished countrymen in Bangladesh could enjoy the famous monument without traveling to India. The replication took five years to complete with modern equipment.
9. A Taj-inspired luxury hotel, event, and shopping complex are under construction in Dubai. The replica of Taj Mahal as named as Taj Arabia will be four times the size of the original and will cost an estimated US $1 billion. The 20-story glass hotel will contain 350 luxury rooms.
10. The structure on the western side of the Taj Mahal is thought to have been used as a guest house. Over 1,000 elephants were used to transport heavy materials and supplies for construction.
Also Read: – Top 10 Mobile Games of 2017
These are some facts which should be known to everyone about the monument. It will be no other than the pollution which will be responsible for wearing out the beauty of the Taj which is unique and vivid in its own ways.